This information will be updated closer to the event to ensure that it adheres to the current COVID-19 government guidelines. Last update May 2021
Stewarding Information 2021
As long as the regulations in August allow, we fully intend to go ahead with FolkEast this year. We are moving forward cautiously as we cannot yet tell exactly what the situation will be by the end of August, even though the Government’s proposed date of 21st June for the full lifting of all restrictions is very hopeful. . We are working on the assumption that it is highly likely that there will be a new set of regulations in place for festivals and large gatherings in order for them to confidently proceed. With this in mind, we have drawn up an initial plan for a COVID secure FolkEast Festival based on Step 3 of the Government’s road map to be implemented in May and the information and guidelines that are available at the moment. We remain flexible and will adapt to the on-going situation as it unfolds.
FolkEast 2021 will be different to what you may have experienced before, but there will still be plenty of folkeastyness to enjoy! The safety of attendees, staff and artists is foremost in our planning. 2021 will be a “one off”, based on a reduced capacity audience and a new layout to accommodate social distancing measures if needs be.
The regulations for allowing ticketed events to go ahead and the criteria that we will have to comply with, may not be forthcoming until June when the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport share the results of their trial events in April and May. We continue to work closely with our local licensing authority, East Suffolk Council and the Safety Advisory Group to make sure we can run safely.
Therefore it is possible that the following terms and conditions may need to change as this happens.
NB – We do have to be prepared for the worst scenario should it all go the other way between now and August, and the possibility that FolkEast could end up being postponed once again. This could be for COVID reasons or alternatively, if new regulations placed on our event licence are prohibitively expensive, it may be unviable for us to go ahead at reduced capacity. Fingers crossed this will not be the case.
The details of our initial plan for the site can be found on the FolkEast website using the following link: https: www.folkeast.co.uk/the-initial-plan
Important things to note are:
- Face coverings may still be mandatory to wear when moving around the site and for staff on duty
- It is really important to the event that all attendees continue to follow the Government guidelines on social distancing and to take responsibility for their own and others safety as required in August. We will not know exactly what the situation will be until closer to the event.
- Please be aware that Government regulations for August may include attendees to provide proof of vaccination or a recent negative test.
- We will make sure that everyone is kept updated with the latest requirements.
- We are asking all artists, crew and audience alike not to attend should they show symptoms of COVID 19, if they have tested positive or if they have been contacted by the official Track and Trace team up to, and including, 10 days prior to the event. If you develop symptoms, please alert the people with whom you have had close contact over the last 48 hours who might be attending the live concert.
- In the lead up to the festival, please let Sue, the Steward Coordinator at email@example.com know as soon as possible if you have any of the above apply to you as soon as possible.
Click on the following boxes for Hours and Duties, Terms and Conditions and any Other Information you might need.