The safety of everyone, attendees, staff and artists continues to be first and foremost in our planning and we have put together an initial plan , based on the governments proposed Step 3 of the road map. 2021 will be a “one off” FolkEast based on a reduced capacity audience and a new layout to accommodate social distancing measures if needs be.
We are working with our local authority to create a site at Glemham Hall that will be easy to navigate using a simple one-way system and that will provide safe, open spaces for everyone to enjoy live music in. This will make it safer for everyone – for you, our artists, stewards and event staff.
The regulations for allowing ticketed events and the criteria that we will have to comply with, may not be forthcoming until June when the DCMS share the results of their trial events in April and May. This is our initial plan.
As well as sanitising stations, there will be hand wash stations around the site for up to three people at a time to wash their hands with soap and water.
Face coverings may still be mandatory to wear when moving around the site but not once settled at a stage or eating and drinking.
The lay out of the site will be in accordance with the Government regulations needed for us to comply with on social distancing.
Government restrictions may require us to ask for proof of vaccination /or a negative test confirmation before admission to site.
There will be canopied seating areas in the arena to enjoy your vittles and to seek respite from the glare of the sun (we have not programmed any rain this year).
The toilets around the site will be grouped in fenced blocks with an In and an Out one-way system with extra sanitising stations and a key team of cleaners.
The campsites will be marked out in individual pitches to allow adequate space in-between all tents, camper vans and caravans. There will be a dedicated campsite team in place to manage the arrival and pitching.
These will be open fronted, with the a long bar at the front and all seating will be outside.
We do have to be prepared for the worst scenario should it all go the other way between now and August and the possibility that FolkEast could end up being postponed once again. This could be for COVID reasons or, alternatively, if new regulations placed on our event licence are prohibitively expensive and make it unviable to go ahead at reduced capacity. If this is the case, your tickets will be refunded or , if you would rather, they can be carried over to 2022
Fingers crossed this will not be the case.