The Glemham Hall Estate is easily accessible by road and rail, sitting between the towns of Wickham Market, Framlingham, Saxmundham and Aldeburgh. The entrance to the estate is on the A12, which connects the Suffolk Coast to London. Below you will find information on travelling to FolkEast by car, by rail and our shuttle bus, or by bike from the station.
The Address is:
There will be ample parking on site and the entrance and exit will be well signposted. There will be a separate area for camper vans and caravans for weekend camping.
FolkEast will provide a shuttle bus between the local train station at Wickham Market – on the Ipswich to Lowestoft line – and the festival site.
Train times and fares can be found on the Greater Anglia Website. A bit nearer to the festival, we will publish the list of trains that will definitely be met by the shuttle bus over the weekend.
By Bicycle from Wickham Market Railway Station
Often these roads have very few signposts – so we have tried to give you an accurate description – however please refer to the map below if you are unsure. Directions follow:
- Leave the station through the car park.
- At the road (B1078) take a right signposted: Cycle Route 1 Suffolk Coastal
- After 1 mile bare left onto Station Road Signposted ‘Blaxhall 2’
- After 0.4 miles continue RIGHT round the corner following the signposted cycle route
- After 1 mile take a left onto Church Road signposted Little Glemham/ Stone Common
- After 0.2 Miles take a left onto Rectory Road opposite a large white detached house (there is no signpost here)
- When you reach the end of Rectory road (0.5 miles), you will meet a T junction; at the junction take the Left turn onto Farnham Road (there is no signpost here)
- Continue down the road for about a mile and you will have reached the main entrance to FolkEast!
The route is 4.4 miles long and takes you along back roads; a level of caution will be required as a number of the roads are single track, so keep an eye out for other road users (including tractors) and stay safe.